Thursday, April 24, 2008

What the world, needs now...

Complaining is boring and certainly unflattering, but today I feel so tired. I can't explain it. Its a different tired, where i don't even want to talk and then i feel frustrated when i have to repeat myself. Which is my fault because i was mumbling in the first place. I have no reason to be tired. I just am. And I just feel like going to sleep forever. Its almost like some kind of imbalance like i need to eat something to give me a boost or take some vitamins.

I am at work right now, off stand from life guarding, and there is this man who comes every day at 4:00 and he is probably in his late 80's. He is the sweetest and happiest-looking man i have ever met. If you even so much as look him in the eye he will stop what he is doing and ask you how you are, or tell you how every day is a good day. He makes me happy. You can tell he has peace and that God's love shines through him all the time. (and he has a tattoo hehe) But anyways. My point is, is that a couple of weeks ago he looked at me and said "that is a nice lady" (referring to this very old woman who comes every day and wears this floating thing around her neck so she doesn't drown). And that was all he said.
Well she is actually very nice, i just never knew it until now because she appears grumpy and so i didn't want to bother her. and I am thankful that he (unknowingly) called me out on it.
Anyways. I just thought i would share that story. I admire older people who are full of love because many of them are full of anger.

P.s the new chronicals of narnia is comming out (prince Caspian) May 16th. IM SO EXCITED

1 comment:

Kate said...

Thank you for sharing about the old guy. He seems like a nice old guy.

I am sorry you are tired. School is almost over and then we can be at my pool every weekend all day.

Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS.
I sometimes find that if I sing "Ive got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart" song it helps. Because i'm glad I have teeth and shoes that fit.