Sunday, April 27, 2008

A need and a want.

I have been visiting a few different churches with my family. Its a very discouraging situation, and i feel like my mom is so discouraged to the point of where she is just willing to go anywhere. I just have this longing for a church that really honors the sacredness and Holiness that i believe a church should posses. And I do not mean this by any offense, because only God can see the hearts of others, I just cannot feel comfortable going to a church with a coffee shop in it (that is just an example).And it is a great way to create fellowship and I'm not bashing churches who have one, its just not something i can feel comfortable with.
Every church i seem to go to lately reminds me of the story of "Jesus and the money changers" when Jesus goes through the temple and turns over the tables of the "vendors", if you will.. I just cannot have peace about it. But it is like the new thing now to make church cool, and modern, and i just long so badly for somewhere genuine and holy and not flashy.Today I went to a church and i loved everything about the people and the diversity there, but the whole sermon was about me, me, me... The whole time i felt like they were just saying what you want to hear. I don't know. I don't expect flawlessness, I just wish that this piece of my life would be fufilled, and I want to go somewhere where i feel like the leadership isn't wearing a mask.


On a lighter note I want a nanny job. And i can't find one.

2 comments:

Scott said...

i feel ya sister. come to the village with us. now that you have a car you can drive to our house and ride with us. it is so real and biblical and doesn't try to appeal to the flesh.

Scott said...

i, kate am actually posting these, i do not know why it says scott but i am sure he concurs........