Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Rollercoaster of a week

Prepare your self for this..

A week ago, I got a letter that said, congratulations the following students have received a 1,000 dollar scholarship (for Spanish minors). Below, was a list of names, with mine included. It continued to say that I was to dress nice and come to a ceremony, where i would receive an award and a letter stating the details of the scholarship. So today I put a dress on and some heels ( I don't do heels that well either), and I go to the ceremony. There were several student's names that were called, and long story short, mine was not one of them. After the ceremony, before refreshments, I went up to the Dean in charge explaining that i received a letter saying that i got a scholarship and an invitation to the ceremony, but my name was not called. She said she was sorry and that she did not know what happened, and brushed me off. I left the ceremony very embarrassed, discouraged, and disappointed. What happened? I'm not really sure. My mom furiously contacted whoever she could and somehow got a hold of some people and yelled at them. But in all truth, I just want the $ 1,000 and the 3 hours i wasted at the ceremony back.
But, that is life, and i spent an hour bawling my eyes out just because this was the icing on the cake, or the icing on my week, rather.
But after i got over myself, I realized that this is simply the enemy trying to discourage me in a time of new beginnings. A lot of things have been coming together as far as studying abroad, and I trust that the LORD is going to provide for me to go on this trip. I just hope that this never happens to anyone else because it is very very disappointing.

And through it all, i realized how blessed I am, and how maybe that money mistakenly went to someone who needs it more than I do.

well, that was my day.

1 comment:

Kate said...

What a bunch of buttfaces.
I'm glad it worked out but I'm sorry you had to go through that!