Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Birthday, thoughts, and fears.. etc..

Well this past weekend was my birthday. I am 21 now.. weird. It was a really good birthday. Saturday Wes took me to this Spanish restaurant called Cafe Madrid. It was a really cute and thoughtful idea, he wanted to take me somewhere where I could try Spanish food and it was a cool experience. the food was yummy. Afterwards we went to Cheesecake factory and got cheesecake and coffee on the patio. It was fun!
Sunday, my actual birthday, my mom took me to La Madelin where we ate lunch on the patio and had a glass of wine (really good wine) after that Carolina and Karina came over to visit, then we had a family dinner at my house (with Wes there) and my dad made my favorite meal, veggie spaghetti (which is really just chunks of squash and stuff mixed in with noodles, not really spaghetti and cedar plank Salmon. MMM..... . It was a really good birthday, or birthdays, i guess i should say, and everyone was really generous and made me feel special :)

I leave for Spain two weeks from today. I know its a redundant topic at this point, but its REALLY starting to hit me. Its affecting my dreams, the other night I had a dream that I got to Spain and everyone spoke English. At first I was really relieved but then I got really angry because I wanted to learn Spanish. Of course I still want to go and I am excited its just very scary entering into a situation that I have never been in before because I dont know how I will cope, I will just have to learn along the way.

I had to come all the way to denton today to sign one thing. I didnt want to waste the gas so i rode with Carolina, which meant I had to get up at 5:00 in the morning and stay here til 3. Everyone thinks I am crazy but Its crunch time on saving for Spain and I need every bit of gas I can get.

I guess my posts are boring because I dont have pictures.. Maybe I will post a few from my birthday then someone with actually read it :)

No comments: